Make your own DIY Hogwarts Letter Business Card Holder!
As I was packing for Universal’s A Celebration of Harry Potter event last week, I noticed the hair tie I was using to secure my business cards looked super tacky. With my cosplay costumes done, I found myself with some extra time so I thought I’d put together something more suitable. What could be better than handing out business cards as if the recipient was being accepted to Hogwarts! #winning
Let’s dive right in!
- Piece of leather (I used a Fossil purse I found at a local thrift shop for $4)
- Leather needle
- Heavy brown thread
- Hogwarts crest wax stamp
- Polymer clay (I used Sculpey Souffle brand in red)
- Clay roller
- Round clay cutter
Magnetic purse claspsRound velcro circles Super glueLoctite glue
- Business cards
- Using your leather piece, ruler & scissors cut your leather to desired size. I cut mine about 1/4 inch wider than my cards on each side
- Attach your
magnetic purse clasps. The magnetic clasps made the card holder way too too bulky, so I scrapped those and replaced them with round velcro circles of the same size. Major improvement! The velcro circles have an adhesive back, but I stitched them onto the leather for more reinforcement.
- Using your Loctite glue, glue the sides down
- Using your heavy thread and leather needle, stitch the sides together
- Roll out your clay to approximately 1/4 – 1/2 inches thick
- Using your clay cutter, cut out a circle that’s just a little bit larger than your Hogwarts crest wax stamp
- Stamp the design into the clay using the Hogwarts crest wax stamp. You’ll need to push hard to make sure you get all the stamp details into the clay.
- Bake your clay according to package directions
- While your clay is baking, cut away the extra leather on the flap to make it look more like the fancy Hogwarts envelope
- Once your clay is baked, use glue to attach your clay crest to the leather
- On the front side of your card holder, address your Hogwarts letter
That’s it! You’re all set to hand out your card just like a Hogwarts owl!
Ok, maybe don’t get that carried away. 😉