Another week of Harry Potter Christmas crafting continues! This week we’re making Harry Potter ornaments for your tree!
Have you all ever thought about what you’d put in your letter to Santa as an adult? I picture mine going something like this…
I’ve been working my ass off this year and all I ask for is one thing…. a visit from the Weasley twins.
…But seriously, wouldn’t that an amazing thing to unwrap? 😉
Since we can’t have the real deal for Christmas I guess we can settle for a Weasley inspired Christmas tree! This week I’ve created some Weasley Wizarding Wheezes ornaments to jazz up your Harry Potter trees.
I have been seeing some amazing Harry Potter ornaments lately and I’m excited to throw some in the mix!
Let’s get rollin…
Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes shop sign
- Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes sign for tracing
- orange and purple paper
- glue stick
- tacky glue
- Cut out your Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes out line from your print-out
- Remove the “W” from the middle of the printout
- Trace both the outline and “w” on each piece of colored paper
- Cut out your pieces
- Use your glue stick to put the orange “W” on the purple outline
- Repeat step 5 with opposite colors
- Cut your purple piece in half
- Carefully glue the edge of one of your purple pieces to the center of your orange piece
- Allow to dry completely before laying it down
- Repeat steps 8-9 on the opposite side of the orange piece with your other purple piece
- orange paper
- red pen
- hemp cord
- Cut out a square with your paper
- Fold the square in half one way
- Turn and fold the square the other way
- Fold the corners to the center
- Fold the top and bottom edges to the center
- Pull apart your square on opposite sides
- Take your long edges and fold them into the center
- Open your long edges, these are now sides of the box
- Fold in the open top edge to create another side wall
- Repeat step nine on the remaining edge
- Trace your box onto a remaining piece of your paper
- Cut a top for your box a little larger on one end
- Glue the top to the box by folding the larger end
- Draw your Weasley’s watermark with a red pen
- Pierce your box both on the lid and wall where the two meet
- String hemp cord through the holes and tie
- Pink poms
- Small google eyes
- Stick eyes to the puff ball (complicated, huh? haha)
Who knows, maybe after we get these on the tree the Weasley twins will appear! A girl can dream, right?!
Check back Wednesday for another round of Harry Potter ornaments!
Want crafts like these straight to your inbox? Subscribe below! 🙂