I know you’ve already put up your Christmas tree, but you’ll want to make room for these Harry Potter ornaments. Show off your love for quidditch and your house pride by adding these gems!
Let’s dive right in!
- Small gold plastic bulbs
- Fern leaves
- Gold spray paint
- Small drill bit
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks (not required)
- Cut 2 fern branches off the bunch and trim off half the leaves on each branch
- Spray-paint the rest of the branch gold
- Using your drill bit, hand drill a hole the same size as the end of your fern branches into the top of your bulb on each side of its hanger
- 4. Insert your branches into the holes you drilled into the bulbs
That’s it! You’ll notice I didn’t end up using my hot glue gun. Initially I thought I’d need to use the hot glue to help secure the wings in the holes, but if you don’t drill your holes too big you don’t need to do this. If you’re not sure what size drill to use, start smaller and work your way up. It’s always easier to make a hole bigger than it is to make it smaller.
- Clear plastic bulb
- Thick sparkly red ribbon
- Thin gold glitter ribbon
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Cut a section of your thick red ribbon (mine was about 8 inches) and insert into your clear bulb
- Using your hot glue gun, glue the gold ribbon around the bulb
Now give it a squeeze & try to remember what you’ve forgotten! (Hint: it’s a Christmas present for me 😉)
- House tie template (I used this one, sized to 3×5)
- 1 sheet thick felt in main house color
- 1 sheet thin felt in accent house color
- Fabric glue
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Wrapping string (for hanger)
- Cut out the tie and use that as a pattern to cut the thick felt
- Cut strips of your accent color, 1 thicker and 1 thinner
- Using the fabric glue, glue your strips onto the tie
- Cut them to appropriate length
- Using the wrapping string and your hot glue gun, make a hanger on the back side of your tie
Now hang and display your house pride! As if people didn’t already know you were a member of the greatest Hogwarts house. Go snakes!🐍
There’s still time to get in your submission for our House Elf on the Shelf contest. Follow this link or check our Facebook page for details!!
Want crafts like these straight to your inbox? Subscribe below! 😊