To continue our week of Fantastic Beasts crafts, today we’re making the MACUSA Hex Indicator Map. This is a real-time magical map that tracks the casting of hexes in the United States, a perfect addition to any Auror’s office!
I had to do this craft since it’s so unique. It really draws attention to itself simply by lighting up. Plus, it’s a cheap craft to make!Let’s start!
- Foam Board
- Printed hex map (I used this one)
- Battery operated LED lights
- Mod Podge
- Hot glue gun & sticks
- Using your printed hex map as a guide, cut your foam board to the correct size
- Paint Mod Podge onto the back of your picture or the foam board
- Carefully apply your picture to the foam board & smooth out any wrinkles
- Apply another thin layer of Mod Podge over your picture to seal/protect it
- Using your screwdriver punch holes into map where desired
- Insert LED lights in the holes you punched
- Hot glue your battery box onto the back of your foam board
- Now send some Aurors to investigate! 😎
If you loved this, then be sure to check out our other Fantastic Beasts crafts! We’ll be doing them all month! Do you have a craft or recipe you’d like to see? Shoot us a message on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or comment below. We love hearing from you!