“A medal hanger?! Medals for what? What does this have to do with Harry Potter?!”
Hold on to your seats folks, I’m about to blow your mind.
If you haven’t already heard of it, there’s this AMAZING group called the Hogwarts Running Club. It’s a 501c3 organization that raises money for charity by hosting virtual Harry Potter themed runs. If you’re interested in joining, you can read about it in this article.
I’ve been a member of the Hogwarts Running Club for a few years now and I’ve gained quite the collection of amazing Harry Potter medals. After having them sitting on a bookshelf for awhile, I decided to finally make a medal hanger to display them. Mostly because they are gorgeous, but also because I have no more room on my bookshelf for any more medals (did I say this group is addicting?!).
If you’re interested in creating this medal hanger for your Hogwarts Running Club medals, let’s get started!
–miles managed graphic
- Paint your wood tan
- Apply a coat of distress ink on your wood
- Tape your graphite paper down to your wood
- Center your miles managed graphic and tape it to the graphite paper
- Trace the lettering
- Pull the paper off and paint in the letters with black paint
- Use the red paint to create your footprints
- Twist your hooks into the wood