Make your own DIY Gillyweed Necklace!
The anniversary of the 2nd task of the Triwizard Tournament comes at the end of the week so there’s no better way to celebrate then by making your own DIY Gillyweed necklace!
No need to rely on Neville (movie) or Dobby (book) for your underwater breathing ability, you’ll be wearing your own supply!
Let’s dive right in! 🌊
- Small glass bottles
- Modge Podge
- Paint brush
- Jump rings
- Potion bottle graphic (sized appropriately)
- Super glue
- Cut moss into small pieces
- Insert moss into bottle (add as little or as much as you like)
- Insert an eye pin through the cork stopper of one of the glass bottles. Using your pliers, cut off any excess and round/flatten the end to hold it in place.
- Attach a jump ring to the top of the eye pin
- Super glue the stopper onto the glass bottle
- Cut out your potion bottle graphic
- Using your paint brush, apply Modge Podge to the back of your graphic
- Add your graphic to the glass bottle
- Apply a thin layer of Modge Podge to the front of the graphic. This helps to protect the graphic and also gives it a more distressed look.
Just attach the bottle to your favorite chain and you’ll be swimming with the Merpeople whenever you want!
Need a label for your necklace? Be sure to subscribe below! We send out helpful hints to our subscribers every Friday and this week’s helpful hint will include a download for the label we used!